Dish of the Week: Thai Fish Sauce and Lime Chicken

June 11, 2008 | By | Comments (9)

Thaifishsauceandlimechicken I love fast dinners but I hate fast food. So I treasure my stash of quick-n-easy recipes that typically involve ingredients that I tend to have on hand in my pantry and fridge. These recipes are perfect for those days when I’m feeling too rushed to put much thought into dinner (which, for a new mom, means pretty much every day).

One of my favorite such recipes is this Thai Fish Sauce and Lime Chicken, which I discovered before I came to work for Cooking Light. I love the combination of peanuts, lime, and sweet chili sauce, which add a bright mix of flavors to what otherwise might be a boring chicken breast. Since my fridge usually contains more condiments than actual food, I usually have fish sauce and sweet chili sauce handy, so this dish is one of my stand-bys.

This recipe is part of one of my favorite stories (and a reader favorite, too): Chicken with 8 Simple Sauces. I keep in a laminated page in my recipe binder. (It’s also saved in my online recipe file, which I often access when I’m away from my own kitchen.)

What are your favorite quick-n-easy standbys? I’m always looking to add to my repertoire …

COMMENTS

1. maid Spokane

One good cleaning services orange county way to build great reputations.
    Betond thhe issues hat can come back to. Today, it has been in the carppet fibers.

April 10, 2014 at 10:40 pm
  2. Candy Crush

The problem is that since they don’t actually stock their own products it often takes longer for you to receive your order, or they might be out of stock. But admit it; sometimes you give to be able to receive something in return, don’t
    you. Just think potato chips, pretzels, popcorn, those graham crackers, all different sorts
    of crackers, a cinnamon bun, a bagel, English muffins.

July 26, 2013 at 7:14 am
  3. Web Agentur Bamberg

I do believe all the ideas you’ve offered to your post. They’re very
    convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are
    very short for beginners. May just you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time?
    Thank you for the post.

May 6, 2013 at 10:54 am
  4. thailand real estate

That Thai fish sauce and lime chicken looks delicious! Yup it is just quick to prepare. It is perfect with fried rice.

January 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm
  5. phuket holidays

Sounds mouth watering. The lime triggered my appetite. Lime is a good appetizer though.

December 8, 2011 at 1:40 am
  6. Griffith

February 22, 2011 at 1:26 am
  7. Tank

It’s a Very helpful article for me. Actually, I am fond of reading online punjabi news. Thanks for writing such a complete ..And,I wantn’t to miss them.
    Thank you for sharing..

January 5, 2011 at 12:39 am
  8. Kim

Hi Patty — Thanks for your comment. I hope you like it as much as I do. If you try the other recipes in that story, let me know which one is your favorite.

June 13, 2008 at 11:13 am
  9. Patty

That looks wonderful! Can’t wait to try it. I followed your link to the 8 simple sauces article and felt like I had struck gold. This is just what I need this time of the year: easy recipes that are quick but taste good. Thanks!

June 12, 2008 at 2:07 pm