Put Shrimp on Your Menu

Shrimpandgritsl
I have eaten shrimp three times in the last couple of weeks. That isn’t really typical for me during winter, but I was at the beach, and my fiance is allergic to fin-fish, so shrimp was our holiday special ingredient of choice.

I never really thought of shrimp as something to eat when it’s cold outside. It has always been something we wait until summer to enjoy in salads, po’ boys, or just peel and eat. When it’s chilly I automatically think of steak and pork.

Our change of habit really opened my mind to shrimp as a comforting winter food. One dish in particular stood out (twice in one week!): Shrimp and Grits. Warm, rich and comforting, it pairs with any vegetable or just a simple salad. It is also very easy to prepare, and fast! Why did it take me so long to catch on?

Quick tip: Spend a little and get the already peeled shrimp, but don’t
make the mistake of getting the precooked shrimp. It can be higher in
sodium and foul up your final product. Try our Southern Shrimp & Grits, and watch our video demo of this quick and easy dish.

COMMENTS

1. Kuober

Thank you for share this important information..It’s very useful for me ..Thanks again

January 12, 2011 at 1:05 am
  2. Tendeven

Thanks .It’s very nice .Thank you for share..

January 7, 2011 at 11:35 pm
  3. nike air max plus

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
    The higher hes a-getting,
    The sooner will his race be run,
    And nearer he””s to setting.

November 15, 2010 at 3:14 am
  4. virus classification

Shrimp belong to the group of crustaceans within the seafood, a food that has a low level in fat and calories compared to beef and chicken, beef or pork.

May 17, 2010 at 4:48 pm
  5. Kelly

I can’t even begin to understand how you can write for a food website/magazine, and think it’s a great idea to eat shrimp in the winter. Who only eats shrimp dishes in the summer? Shrimp linguini, stuffed shrimp with a nice cream sauce, shrimp with rice, shrimp stew. Hello?

December 20, 2009 at 9:14 am
  6. Christine

I agree, shrimp is a great addition to a winter meal! I found the below shrimp recipe through a blog and it has been a big hit with my family. http://cooking-books.blogspot.com/2008/12/spicy-shrimp-salad-with-mango-avocado.html

January 11, 2009 at 1:18 pm