So you’ve probably (hopefully?) done most of your big present shopping, but what about that lonely, limp stocking? Here are some beauty and grooming ideas for your fellow mantle mates.
– Aveda’s Blue Oil Balancing Concentrate ($16.50, aveda.com). OK, this sounds a little hippy-ish at first, but stay with me here. This blend of essential oils is scented with peppermint and chamomile. Dot a little on the back of your neck and your temples—just stay clear of eyes—when you have a headache or are feeling stressed. It’s calming, it’s cooling. It’s what mom needs.
– Deborah Lippmann She’s Always a Woman Nail Set ($25, lippmanncollection.com). Three small sizes of fashion-forward (but not too forward) polish colors: A creamy blue, a nice neutral, and a sparkling raspberry that’s perfect for New Year’s Eve.
FOR LITTLE SISTER:
– Sephora’s Jumbo Color Wand for Lips ($11, Sephora.com). Fruity flavor and six shades that are totally wearable (and sheerly subtle). She can mix and match to find the perfect color combo, and the packaging is totally fun.
– Goody’s Double Wear Collection (from $5, goody.com). This collection of hair ties and headbands pulls double duty as fashion-forward bracelets and necklaces when not doing their original job of holding her hair back.
– Tweezerman Deluxe Trimmer with Brush ($15, tweezerman.com). Well, yes, it’s a nose and ear hair trimmer. Not glamorous, but probably much needed. If the hint is too heavy to drop, try subbing the brand’s excellent Essential Grooming Kit ($20, tweezerman.com). It’ll get the basics covered.
FOR YOUR HUSBAND:
– L’Oreal Paris Men’s Expert Comfort Max SPF 15 Anti-Irritation After Shave Balm ($8, lorealmen.com). So the name of this product might just be as long as your stocking, but it’ll help soothe irritated, dry winter skin and give him a layer of sun protection—all without leaving your smooching surface slippery.
– The Decent Man’s Grooming Tools Looking Good Kit ($17, decentmangrooming.com). A goof-proof way to keep him looking good on the go, this kit includes deodorant and dirt-removing sponges, collar guards, and pit protectors—all in travel-friendly (and fun!) packaging.