Each Friday, we share five things that are getting buzz around the Cooking Light offices—from what we’re reading around the Web, to what’s hot on Instagram, or even our latest favorite ingredient.
Since launching our partnership with Let’s Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA), and USDA’s MyPlate on shared Pinterest boards back in February, you have pinned, re-pinned, and commented on thousands of healthy recipes that meet the MyPlate standards. For this week’s round-up, we’re featuring the top 5 Cooking Light recipes that are generating the most Pinterest buzz over at MyPlate Recipes.
1. Strawberries, Peaches, and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette: It’s easy to fill half your plate with fruit when they look and taste like this.
2. Microwave Sweet Potato Chips: Put down the bag of potato chips, and get your microwaves ready.
3. Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa: Mark the start of grill season with this classic (and quick) dish.
4. Apple, Goat Cheese, and Pecan Pizza: Thinly sliced Fuji apples, goat cheese, toasted pecans, baby arugula, and fresh thyme top this out-of-the-ordinary pizza.
5. Beef Carnitas Tacos: Cinco de Mayo starts here.