Fall doesn’t officially start for another few weeks, but there are just so many things to love about the season, including a very elusive latte.
1. Pumpkin Beer: The first thing a beer lover thinks of when Fall rolls around: Pumpkin beer. Sweet and spicy, my favorite is Dogfish Head Punkin Ale , found at craft beer stores. Shipyard PumpkinHead is a more popular variety and can we found more easily; it even may be on draft at your local bars.
2. Chili: You can eat chili year-round, of course, but when you live somewhere that’s upwards of 90 degrees, it’s just not what you crave. Cool weather means warm dishes and chili is a no-fail warming dish. Check out our favorite chili recipes.
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte: There’s a lot of hype around this Starbucks latte, and for good reason. The latte is delicious, warm, creamy, and the ultimate fall drink. It is already out in most places (as of Sept. 3); let the frenzy begin!
4. Butternut Squash Soup: This is a dish I make many times every year. Savory and sweet squash is affordable during the Fall months, and super easy to roast, puree, and turn into a soup. Try this recipe: Butternut Squash Soup.
5. Figs: I’ve recently discovered figs (only last Fall), so they’re still new and exciting and I am antsy about being able to buy them in the store. First on my list, this Fig and Goat Cheese Buschetta. I think the sweet figs and creamy-tangy goat cheese will blend fantastically!