Have you caught it? I hear it’s going around. People are flocking to pumpkin patches, going crazy for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, and searching for Cooking Light’s pumpkin recipes. They’ve caught pumpkin fever! Here are 5 ideas to gorge on gourd:
- Pumpkin Pound Cake with Buttermilk Glaze: Deliciously sweet pumpkin cake topped with a buttermilk glaze? I don’t think I could resist seconds even if I wanted to.
- KIND Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt: Here at Cooking Light, we’re fiends for healthy grains. KIND uses oats, quinoa, millet, amaranth, and buckwheat (all gluten-free) in this bar, plus crunchy pumpkin seeds, and a little maple syrup to sweeten the deal. And to top it all off, little pieces of sea salt mixed in throughout the bar, so every few bites you get a salty surprise.
- Red Lentil-Pumpkin Soup: Speaking of pumpkin seeds, they add delicious crunch to this reader-favorite pumpkin soup. Canned pumpkin means no hacking away at a real pumpkin, and provides a delicious creamy base for the soup. Whatever you do, don’t skip the fresh ginger, which complements the pumpkin flavor nicely.
- Southern Tier Pumpking: As the name suggests, this beer is the king of pumpkin beers, flavorful and perfect for fall. It’s strong, at 8.6%, and meant to be savored. It’s spicy sweet, but not overwhelming, with real pumpkin flavor (artificial pumpkin flavor is the very worst) with distinct cinnamon, clove, vanilla, and roasty malt flavor.
- Sugar Pumpkin Custards: Make this delicious lightened dessert for company or the family. It’s fancy enough to serve to company, but easy enough to make on a lazy Saturday or Sunday.