Each Friday, we share five things that are getting buzz around the Cooking Light offices—from what we’re reading around the Web, to what’s hot on Instagram, or even our latest favorite ingredient.
In honor of our new April issue (now available on newsstands, iPhone, and tablets!), here are my five favorite recipes to look out for when you flip (or swipe) through your new issue. Plus, learn about the bonus recipes you get when you download the digital version of the magazine.
1. Crab Cakes with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing: One of our two cover stars, crab cakes are a perennial spring favorite. This recipe yields a perfectly crisp outside with a tender, succulent crab-filled center. A homemade ranch-dill dipping sauce makes the perfect complement. Find this recipe, along with four more fast weeknight meals, by downloading a free sample of the tablet edition.
2. Kickin’ BBQ Chicken Quesadilla: Start with a 6-inch flour tortilla, and pile on roasted chicken breast, diced red onion, a bit of barbecue sauce, and some cheddar cheese for a filling quesadilla that clocks in at less than 400 calories. TABLET BONUS: Wondering what to serve with your meal? Get five fast Mexican sides to pair with your quesadilla.
3. Sweet and Tangy Slow Cooker Brisket: Delicious for Passover or any old weeknight, this classic brisket dish is slowly simmered to perfection. TABLET BONUS: Find five Passover desserts to round out your Seder feast.
4. Layered Strawberry-Coconut Panna Cotta: Fruity, rich, jelly goodness—believe me when I say this creamy panna cotta is nothing short of divine. TABLET BONUS: 10 more recipes starring gorgeous spring produce.
5. Zucchini-Farro Cakes with Herbed Goat Cheese and Slow-Roasted Tomatoes: I know, I know, another savory cake, but I just had to include these zucchini cakes from Whole-Grain Mornings author Megan Gordon. Don’t skip the herbed goat cheese spread; it adds a nice hit of tangy-salty goodness. TABLET BONUS: Five great whole-grain recipes.
Learn more about our tablet edition and get a free sample of the April issue here.