3-Ingredient Pancakes for 1

October 25, 2014 | By | Comments (49)

IMG_7715

Editor’s note: After several requests, we ran the nutrition numbers and added that information to the bottom of the recipe.

Pancakes shouldn’t be complicated. Most recipes out there are pretty uncomplicated, in fact, and yield delicious pancakes for the whole family.

To simplify things even further, this recipe only requires 3 ingredients (not including add-ons like berries, butter, etc), and takes only a few minutes to throw together.

Since my other half doesn’t do pancakes, I am the solo pancake lover in the household, which is why I was looking for a really healthy recipe that serves one. You can double, triple, or quadruple it to fit your household.

The texture of these pancakes are different than normal pancakes, so if you’re looking for IHOP-esque flapjacks, try one of these instead. These are a little more ‘eggy’ and not quite as billowy, but I enjoy the texture and knowing they’re super nutritious (9 grams of protein and only 230 calories) is a definite plus. Plus, no need to run out and get a carton of buttermilk at the crack of dawn.

IMG_7706

3-Ingredient Pancakes

IMG_7710Ingredients

1 large egg
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons flour

Preparation

1. Mash ripe banana in a bowl and combine with egg and flour. Whisk until all ingredients are combined.

2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon the batter onto the skillet, using 1/3 of the batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes until bubbles form and edges brown. Flip and cook another minute or so until brown on both sides.

This is a base recipe, but you can adapt it to fit whatever you have handy. Sometimes, I sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg into the batter, or put a teaspoon of peanut butter for extra protein. Try them for yourself, and let me know what you think in the comments below.

SERVES 1 (about 3 pancakes)
CALORIES 233; FAT 5.3g (sat 1.7g; mono 1.9g; poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 9g; CARB 39g; FIBER 3.5g; CHOL 186mg; IRON 1.9mg; SODIUM 72.5mg; CALC 36.2mg

IMG_7714

Keep Reading:

COMMENTS

1. 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes – Health Blog

[…] RELATED:  3-Ingredient Pancakes for 1 […]

[…] Linked:  3-Component Pancakes for one […]

November 16, 2016 at 1:05 pm
  5. Banana and Cinnamon Pancakes | Basel Basilisk

[…] (Source here) […]

October 1, 2016 at 11:28 am
  6. Dawn Sumner

These were great. The hubs said to make them again!

July 4, 2016 at 9:08 am
  7. 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes – Skinny Ms.

[…] most importantly, 2 ingredients—these pancakes are absolutely to die for! We tried and loved the 3-Ingredient Pancakes for 1, so when I heard about the trend of these super simple veg-based pancakes, I had to jump […]

April 17, 2016 at 1:38 am
  8. KJJ

I really like these a lot! I would like to make more than one serving but am hesitant about just doubling or tripling the ingredients as this does not always work. Has anyone increased the ingredients to make more than one serving?

October 14, 2015 at 9:00 pm
  9. Whistlin’Dixie

These are SO good and SO easy. My 10 year old grandson makes them for himself in a cast iron skillet with what he calls “spray butter”. And that extremely picky eater makes them disappear. I cooked mine this morning in coconut oil, just for fun…yum. No need for anything but the one egg, banana, and 2 T whole wheat flour.

October 9, 2015 at 2:30 pm
  10. Spiced and Stacked: Pumpkin Pancakes for One | Cooking All That

[…] great after eating them rather than weighed down by sugars and refined carbs. After mastering the banana pancakes and the sweet potato pancakes, I had to see what would happen if I gave it a try with […]

October 6, 2015 at 1:45 pm
  11. Spiced and Stacked: Pumpkin Pancakes for One | Cooking Light

October 6, 2015 at 11:00 am
  12. Marie

I made these and was suprised by how quick they cooked because i almost burned them!
    But when i went to eat it they were still mushy!
    Help!

October 4, 2015 at 2:03 pm
    • Abby

Maybe you had the heat too high?

September 7, 2016 at 10:29 pm
  13. marie moyette

Found this recipe in a magazine, using whole wheat flour. Excellent! Doubled recipe and froze the extra 3. They came out great. I also added vanilla extract.

October 3, 2015 at 2:19 pm
  14. Kate

Is there something I could sub for the egg?

August 31, 2015 at 6:30 pm
  15. charul

Its nice…I ll try

August 31, 2015 at 9:45 am
  16. karyn

I used Rice flour and cooked with coconut oil!! So yummy!!

August 31, 2015 at 6:47 am
  17. 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes | Cooking Light

[…] most importantly, 2 ingredients—these pancakes are absolutely to die for! We tried and loved the 3-Ingredient Pancakes for 1, so when I heard about this trend of these super simple veg-based pancakes, I had to jump on […]

July 29, 2015 at 6:30 pm
  18. Ngan

You will be involved in the full end-to-end support
    within a busy distribution centre.

July 16, 2015 at 9:04 am
  19. Nancy

Substitute white whole wheat flour for more protein and fiber with no problem?!

July 16, 2015 at 6:23 am
  20. Deb Baxley

These are a winner! I add vanilla, pinch of salt & blueberries. YUM

May 11, 2015 at 5:47 pm
  21. 2-Ingredient Banana Bread Cookies | Cooking Light

[…] then I thought about the three-ingredient pancake (banana, egg, flour), and how I was initially skeptical about those, too. Now, I’m hooked, […]

April 2, 2015 at 11:01 am
  22. Marie

I just tried. Loved them and the fact I can do fast for myself. Thank you and all comments good ideas for me to try next time.

February 15, 2015 at 11:39 am
  23. juli

I made these 2 times. The first as directed– perfect! Just sprayed griddle with Pam. Second time made with egg subsitute.. massive fail! They fell apart and didn;t cook properly.

February 8, 2015 at 9:41 am
  24. erin

yum!!!!!!e

February 6, 2015 at 9:42 pm
  25. TeriWW

Consider using banana baby food! Pure banana (no additives) and silky smooth. Plus stores in the cabinet longer than fruit in the fruit bowl!

January 18, 2015 at 10:38 pm
  26. Jackie

RE Beth’s nutrition facts. 1 large egg has 65mg of sodium

January 18, 2015 at 2:11 pm
  27. G

I just made these, added vanilla, 1ts
    Peanut butter & used 2Tbl of Pamela’s gluten free pancake mix. Delicious! My husband isn’t a pancake eater & liked these. Will be enjoying these again!

January 18, 2015 at 1:14 pm
  28. Paula

Love the idea of using almond flour in the pancake. Going to try them. Thanks!!

January 18, 2015 at 12:53 pm
  29. Betty

I make pancakes with oatmeal, cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla and egg whites. It is a South Beach diet recipe. Lately I have been adding half a banana before blending the ingredients. It adds a sweetness and improves the texture. I add nuts – slivered almonds, chopped pecans or walnut pieces – to the batter before putting it on the griddle. I am diabetic and use these high protein pancakes to replace bread at breakfast and cookies at snack time.

January 18, 2015 at 10:27 am
  30. Pilots cooking pancakes Saturday – Custom Rubber Bracelets

[…] cooking pancakes Saturday Project Lifesaver donates free personalized wristbands with radio transmitters to […]

December 4, 2014 at 9:30 am
  31. Pilots cooking pancakes Saturday – Rubber Bracelets

December 4, 2014 at 1:00 am
  32. jewel30@comcast.net

I tried it this morning with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I happen to like bananas so I didn’t mind the strong taste of bananas.But if you are not a banana lover, you may want to pass on this one. It’s very simple and easy to make. Tasted good. I used almond flour so it’s pretty clean eating too. Next time I may add some canned pumpkin. It’s a great basic recipe left to your imagination. Thank you!!

November 1, 2014 at 9:04 am
  33. Laura Ann

I always use bananas in my pancake mix…love it. Blueberries as well. Love this recipe because it’s mainly for one. I am the only one at my house that eats breakfast.

October 30, 2014 at 4:16 am
  34. Regina

I liked the recipe. I added chopped walnuts. I might try a splash of vanilla next time. They cooked up wonderful without any butter in the pan. Picture perfect.

October 29, 2014 at 5:57 pm
  35. janet nader

Don’t we need to use oil or butter to grease the frypan before spooning the batter?

October 29, 2014 at 5:40 am
  36. Della

I can’t wait to try these. They look wonderful!!

October 28, 2014 at 4:29 pm
  37. mkwilson8

I used 2 eggs, 1 banana and 2tbsp coconut flour for a delicious paleo waffle.

October 28, 2014 at 2:38 pm
  38. Todd H. Charske

I tried the banana pancakes for my children. They really enjoyed them. Thank you!

October 28, 2014 at 2:01 pm
  39. Sherry

They look delicious! I will give it a try for sure! Have to add the amazing blueberries too!

October 28, 2014 at 1:28 pm
  40. Sara

What are the nutrition facts for a serving?

October 28, 2014 at 11:03 am
    • Beth

Here are nutrition facts I googled. Pretty basic with just the 3 ingredients!

There are 28 calories in 1 tablespoon of White Flour.
      Fat: 0.08g (Saturated Fat: 0.012g).
      Carbs: 5.96g (Fiber: 0.21g, Sugar 0.02).
      Protein: 0.81g.

Nutrition Facts for 1 banana
      Serving Size: 1 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) (118.0 g)
      Amount Per Serving % Daily Values
      Calories 105 Calories from Fat 0
      Total Fat 0.0g 0%
      Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
      Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
      Cholesterol 0mg 0%
      Sodium 1mg 0%
      Potassium 422mg 12%
      Total Carbohydrates 26.9g 9%
      Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14%
      Sugars 14.0g
      Protein 1.2g
      Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 18%
      Calcium 1% Iron 1%

There are 74 calories in 1 large Egg.
      Fat: 4.97g (Saturated Fat: 1.55g).
      Carbs: 0.38g (Fiber: 0g, Sugar 0.38).
      Protein: 6.29g.

October 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm
  41. vixster

I tried this recipe this morning and it is SO delicious! I will definitely make these again! Thanks for sharing🙂

October 28, 2014 at 11:02 am
  42. Debbie K.

Would using an egg substitute work?

October 28, 2014 at 10:19 am
  43. anneporter

Can you tell me if the flour your using is Plain or Selfraising please,the pancakes look yummy x

October 28, 2014 at 10:17 am
  44. Charles Simpson

They were good. My wife really enjoyed them as she loves bananas.

October 28, 2014 at 10:03 am
  45. Deb

I’m going to try these. They look great and I’ve been missing pancakes since I’ve been limiting my consumption of wheat products. I wonder if it would work using one of the non wheat flours…um, I’ll try this first, then experiment. Thanks for this easy
    recipe.

October 28, 2014 at 9:36 am
  46. JJ

Think I’ll add some walnuts too so they taste like a banana muffin..maybe baking powder would make them a bit more fluffy.

October 28, 2014 at 9:34 am
  47. katepeax

Never heard of using banana actually mashed up in the mix like that. I’ll definitely try- they look great!

October 26, 2014 at 4:18 am