This season, there’s no need to stress or spend hours in the kitchen. Serve our ridiculously easy chocolate bark treats at your next party or wrap it up beautifully for your friends. No one can resist this made-with-love dessert.
Running short on time? Batches and batches of our addictive Trail Mix Chocolate Bark will be ready in a flash.
Trail Mix Chocolate Bark
A good old nut and raisin blend delivers sugar, salt, and crunch—AKA all things good. Get in the holiday spirit by tossing together a mix featuring festive M&M’S. Healthier than store-bought alternatives, this snack is ideal for holiday gift giving.
Using a dark (72% cacao) chocolate brings an intense, not-too-sweet, almost fruity flavor to this bark. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, substitute bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate.
2/3 cup trail mix
7 ounces dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
1. Create mise en place: Make sure you have everything you need—prepped ingredients, equipment—ready to roll before you start cooking. As far as equipment goes, you’ll need a microwave-safe bowl and a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
3. Spread it thin: Pour the melted chocolate into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Spread to 1/16-inch thickness.
4. Top It Off: Set a new favorite holiday tradition—let your little helpers top this gift-worthy bark. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup trail mix.
5. Cool and serve: Freeze 5 to 10 minutes to set. Break bark into 15 pieces (about 1 ounce each) and serve!
CALORIES 98 FAT 7g (sat 3.5g, mono 2.3g, poly .79g) PROTEIN 2g CARB 10g FIBER 1g CHOL 0mg IRON 1mg SODIUM 15mg CALC 11mg
More Holiday Gift Ideas: