This season, there’s no need to stress or spend hours in the kitchen. Serve our ridiculously easy chocolate bark treats at your next party or wrap it up beautifully for your friends. No one can resist this made-with-love dessert.
Running short on time? Batches and batches of our addictive Popcorn-Bacon Chocolate Bark will be ready in a flash.
Popcorn-Bacon Chocolate Bark
You heard me. Bacon. Popcorn. Chocolate. That’s right! This salty-sweet combination is so delicious it should be illegal. Forget stringing popcorn around your tree—this delectable treat is where it’s at.
Using a dark (72% cacao) chocolate brings an intense, not-too-sweet, almost fruity flavor to this bark. If you prefer a sweeter chocolate, substitute bittersweet (60% cacao) chocolate.
2 slices center-cut bacon, chopped
1/3 cup kettle corn, popped
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
7 ounces dark (72% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
1. Create mise en place: Make sure you have everything you need—prepped ingredients and equipment—ready to roll before you start cooking. You’ll need 7 ounces dark chocolate, 2 slices center-cut bacon, 1/3 cup kettle corn popcorn, and 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt. As far as equipment goes, you’ll need a small pan, a microwave-safe bowl, and a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
2. Stir and sizzle: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon; cook 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan and lay on a paper towel to get rid of extra fat.
3. Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 20% power for 15 seconds; remove bowl from microwave, and stir. Repeat procedure about 4 or 5 times, microwaving and stirring until most of chocolate has melted. Let stand 1 minute or until chocolate is thoroughly melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
4. Spread it thin: Pour chocolate mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Spread to 1/16-inch thickness.
5. Top it off: Set a new favorite holiday tradition—let your little helpers top this gift-worthy bark. Spread popcorn and bacon evenly and sprinkle with coarse salt.
6. Cool and serve: Freeze 5 to 10 minutes to set. Break bark into 15 pieces (about 1 ounce each) and serve!
CALORIES 72 FAT 5g (sat 3.2g, mono 1.6g, poly 0.2g) PROTEIN 1g CARB 7g FIBER 1g CHOL 1mg IRON 1mg SODIUM 31mg CALC 6mg
More Chocolate Bark Ideas: