Give an instant boost to a cup of hot black tea on a gray day with this easy mix. Make more for holiday gifts and package in Mason jars, or spoon some into a clear cello bag and stuff into an oversized mug.
Chai Tea Mix
Hands-on time: 5 min. Total time: 5 min.
You can use this recipe as a base to play around with spices to find other combinations you enjoy. If you have vanilla sugar on hand, substitute it for regular sugar. If you like heat, ground white pepper adds a slightly different kick than red. For an intense scent, try adding ground dried orange peel.
• 1 cup nonfat dry milk
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• Dash of ground red pepper
1. Combine all ingredients. To prepare each serving, stir 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tea mix into
8 ounces hot brewed black tea.
Note: Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 6 months.
Serves 16 (serving size: 11⁄2 tablespoons)
CALORIES 40; FAT 0g; PROTEIN 2g; CARB 9g; FIBER 0g; CHOL 1mg; IRON 0mg; SODIUM 24mg; CALC 54mg