Chocolate cake makes my heart beat fast, and I find no shame in admitting it. Hell, I’d happily pound my face into a 20-pound cake—Bruce Bogtrotter style—savoring every last forkful and owning my accomplishment once the platter is licked clean.
But that’s not good for my health or my waistline and truthfully speaking, chocolate doesn’t have to ruin your diet. Believe it—you can celebrate National Chocolate Cake Day without breaking your healthy-eating habits. One slice should do the trick when it comes to our lightened yet oh-so rich and indulgent chocolate cakes. I promise, you won’t be disappointed!
1. Hot Chocolate Fudge Cakes: Imagine a molten lava cake on crack. Here it is! Dig in and marvel at the hot fudge oozing out the center.
2. Chocolate Cake with Fluffy Frosting: Calling all marshmallow lovers! Light and airy billowy peaks cover this devilishly delicious chocolate cake for a heavenly combination that just can’t be beat.
3. Five-Ingredient Chocolate Cakes: This cake is stunning yet so simple, only calling for five ingredients—sugar, butter, eggs, cake flour, and cocoa.We’ve just used each ingredient in genius ways to maximize their sweet potential.
4. Texas Sheet Cake: Since this dessert first appeared in the magazine 12 years ago, it’s been a staff and reader favorite. Chopped toasted pecans is just the cherry on top.
5. Mocha Cake with Fluffy Meringue Topping: Canola mayonnaise is the secret ingredient that makes for a fantastically moist cake. But don’t let that deter you–this incredible dessert has been a staff favorite for 10 years.
6. Triple-Chocolate Cake: Indulge in a triple-hit of chocolate where creamy milk chocolate mousse is sandwiched between intensely chocolaty cake layers—are you drooling yet?