We all have our own food guilty pleasures. Even the editors of Cooking Light aren’t immune. Maybe it’s a big bowl of pasta, greasy takeout, or traditionally less-than-healthy Southern fare like fried chicken. Thankfully, our newest book, Amazing Recipe Makeovers, takes these favorites and remakes them at half the fat, calories, salt, or sugar, but keeps all the flavor!
Our editors worked tirelessly to take over 200 classic dishes and make them a guilt-free affair. Each recipe has extensive nutritional information and full color photographs. Included throughout the book are tips and tricks for making healthier versions of any meal.
The book includes a range of recipe categories, including:
- Classics (Pasta Alla Carbonara, French Onion Soup)
- Comfort Food (Biscuit Topped Pot Pie, Macaroni and Cheese)
- Takeout (Pad Thai, Chimichangas)
- Party Snacks (Grilled Vegetable Guacamole, low calorie cocktails)
- Side Dishes (Twice-Baked Potatoes, Stovetop Creamed Spinach)
- Desserts (Gluten-Free Tiramisu, Blueberry Cobbler)
The book will be released on May 17 and is currently available for preorder. Also visit QVC to see a taste test of a few of the makeover recipes, including macaroni and cheese, “fried” chicken, and chocolate cake.