Ah, Doritos. Those guilty pleasures that leave you with glowing orange fingertips and wondering exactly what ingredient makes them that particular shade of neon. This alternative, with no mystery chemicals or colors, is both a healthier baked version and 100 percent vegan. So get to crunching!
1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 6-inch corn tortillas
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
3. Using a basting brush, thinly coat both sides of each tortilla with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the tortillas.
4. Stack all the tortillas and cut into quarters, this should leave you with 48 chips. Arrange evenly spaced on two baking sheets.
5. Bake for 7-9 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until sufficiently browned and crunchy.
CALORIES 158; FAT 4g (sat 0.3g, mono 1.7g, poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 4g; CARB 31g; FIBER 4g; SUGARS 2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0mg; SODIUM 194mg; CALC 36mg
Other Snack Favorites: